Register to Vote at Your Leisure, But Do It
Before or on Wed. October 18
- Register by mail
- Pick up a Massachusetts Official Mail-In Voter Registration Form at any local election office, local libraries, public schools, and public housing. (Any organization can request mail-in forms to distribute.)
- Fill out and sign the form and mail it back to the Election Commission in Cambridge. Mail-in voter registration forms must be postmarked by midnight Oct.18.
Register in the Squares on Saturdays in September
- Register in person on a weekday
- At the Election Commission Office in Cambridge
Mon. to Fri. 8:30AM to 5 PM on 362 Green St. across from Employment office, same building as the police station, 3rd floor.
- At any election office in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
If you work out of town, you can go on your lunch hour to the local city or town election office.
- For last minute walk-in registration
- The Cambridge Election Commission will stay open to register you on Oct. 18 from 8:30 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Registration tables staffed from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M. at these locations:
- Central Square - in front of US Trust Middlesex bank near corner of Mass. Avenue and Prospect Street
- Porter Square - across Mass Ave. from Porter Square MBTA Station (in front of Brugger's Bakery)
- Harvard Square in front of The Body Shop
- If you're physically disabled and need assistance to register
- Contact the Election Commission to receive a registration form by mail. The form must be received by the Commission on or before the third day before voter registration closes.
- Or call to have an Election Commissioner visit your home and register you in person.
- If you need information or help, call, write or visit
- Cambridge Election Commission Office
- 362 Green St. 3rd floor
- Cambridge, MA 02139
- (617) 349-4361
- Open Mon. to Fri. 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Open Wednesday October 18, 8:30 A.M. to 8 P.M.
- One block from the Central Square subway
- Across from State Employment office
- Located in the rear of the Cambridge Police Station building.
Thanks to Election Commission Director Teresa Neighbor, and Joe Kaplan, Assistant Director for supplying much of the information on this pages.
CitySource Inc. is responsible for the writing, design, and management of this space.
Return to Campaign95 Index
Return to CitySource Center